- Occupational Safety and Health Service of New Zealand
- New Zealand Trade and Enterprise
- Light Alloy Manufacturing NZ
- American Foundrymen's Society
- California Cast Metals Association(CCMA)
- Casting Industry Suppliers Association
- Ductile Iron Society
- French Foundry Industry CTIF
- Institute of Cast Metals Engineers
- Iron Casting Research Institute
- Materials Research Society
- Minerals Metals & Materials Society
- Steel Founders' Society of America
- The Castings Development Centre
- China foundry suppliers Union (CFSU)
There are some comprehensive documents available that you are encouraged to access and read. Please contact the Executive Officer to obtain copies.
“Health & Safety Guidelines on the Management of Hazards in the Metal Casting Industry”
This is a 46 page publication put together jointing by CTNZI and Occupational Safety and Health (OSH).
This document has been prepared after consultation with the metal casting industry and other interested groups. The purpose of this guide is to provide general information to those in the industry and others about the hazards in the metal casting industry and suggestions for controlling or mitigating them.
“Management of Noise in the Workplace”
This is a 70 page booklet put out by OSH. The purpose is to provide guidance in meeting the requirments of the Health & Safety in Employment Act 1992 ("the Act") and the Health & Safety in Employment Regulations ("the Regulations"). This process involves the identification and the management of noise hazards in the workplace.
“Prevention of Occupational Overuse Syndrome (OOS)”
This is a leaflet published by OSH and the Department of Labour. It describes OOS, the symptoms, the causes, prevention and training and education.